Geometer's SketchPad is a tool I was first introduced to a few years ago, but shied away from because I had no prior knowledge and limited technology available to me at the time. While I still have yet to implement this in the classroom, it is one of the tools I am looking at using for next year as we build a more blended-PBL classroom style of teaching at our school. Since I am not as familiar with this tool, I will leave it to a classmate of mine, Terry C. to explain and evaluate. I'll cover the iPad version after!
|Original CEP Post|
- The Math Forum @Drexel: Sketchpad Resources at the Math Forum
- Kutztown Unversity: Geometer's Sketchpad Lessons
- Math Bits: Working with Geometer's Sketchpad
- The University of Georgia: GSP Lessons
- Technological Education Consulting: Sketchpad Sketches
- An internet connection is required for downloading Sketchpad 5, deregistering Sketchpad 5, and watching Sketchpad Movies.
- Elementary Mathematics
- Geometry: Constructions
- Geometry; Ellipse Constructions
- Algebra: Dynagraphs
- Algebra: Slope
- Sketch Exchange Community Site
- The Sketch Exchange Community site allows you to browse lessons created by other SketchPad users that are specifically geared toward use with the iPad app. Simply browse with the appropriate search, and you'll find a vast treasury of activities to use.