- Becoming more adept at creating math projects related to current events and happenings for my students.
- Fostering the growth mindset within my classroom.
- Helping to empower girls in mathematics and STEM/STEAM courses and careers
- Becoming a more skilled teacher-leader/department lead, and helping my team to establish goals and work toward them in a fashion that is smarter not harder.
- Strategically (and simultaneously) teaching my students various literacies they need to be successful in life, including digital and quantitative literacies
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Through my work in the Michigan State University Masters of Arts in Teaching and Curriculum program, I have come to learn a great deal about the importance of Professional Development. Professional Development, also known as PD to many of us, can evoke a range of emotions from excitement to dread, with the latter being unacceptable. Why is it that we sometimes dread our PD?
Now it's time to pick one to focus on and create a SMART goal for myself. Look for it soon!